Lykins Energy Solutions has partnered up with The Cincinnati Bengals! Every other 3rd down, when the Bengals are on defense, you’ll see the Lykins “Energy” Meter on the big screen to pump up the crowd. Who-dey!
CASA for Clermont Kids presented the first annual Lykins Positive Energy Award last Friday to Jeff Lykins. This award, which will be given out annually at future Spring Charity Galas, is being named after Jeff Lykins for all he has done to support CASA for Clermont Kids. The purpose of this award is to recognize and thank an individual or company for their outstanding support, efforts, and commitment to CASA for Clermont Kids. It also recognizes the difference they have made and continue to make to the program and in the community.
Lykins Energy Solutions now has a Fleet Management Program through Voyager. This program is perfect for landscaping, plumbing, and construction companies and it’s the easiest way to manage your employees fueling and save money.
-230,000 accepting merchants nationwide
-Real time online account access
-USA based customer service
-No markup fees
2 vehicles, or 300 vehicles, we would be happy to serve you.
Call 1-800-875-8820 and ask for a Lykins Energy Solutions Fleet Representative.
Friday, March 7th — Lykins Energy Solutions hosted 20 Amelia High School students Junior Achievement class.
Junior Achievement has a job shadowing program that brings high school students into companies to spend half the day going to different divisions and learning about the jobs within the company.
The students learned about Lykins mission, vision statements, and their company history, as well as the energy products Lykins offers and how they get those products to their customers. They found out what education, training and requirements people may need in order to get jobs in finance, business management, human resources, marketing, advertising, transportation and logistics within the company.
Each student received a certificate of achievement from Lykins Energy Solutions before they left.
Lykins Energy Solutions has further demonstrated its commitment to the community through the BP Fueling Communities Program by donating $12,500 to Cincinnati Nature Center. Fueling Communities provides grants to local organizations that are nominated by BP Branded Marketers to support the communities in which they provide service.
As part of the program, Jeff Lykins, a Nature Center Board Member and President of Lykins Energy Solutions, nominated Cincinnati Nature Center to receive this grant. In addition to his advocacy for Cincinnati Nature Center and his service to the board, Jeff, through a corporate sponsorship, generously supports the Nature Center’s signature fundraising gala Back to Nature as well.
Lykins Energy Solutions is a family owned and operated business headquarted in Milford, Ohio. According to Jeff, “We are proud to be able to give such a wonderful donation to the Cincinnati Nature Center, and we are fortunate to have such a unique place in the tri-state area for all to enjoy.”
Click here and plan your visit to the Cincinnati Nature Center.
“Milford-based Lykins Oil Co. started selling oil to farmers 65 years ago. Then the family business branched out into gasoline, electricity, propane and natural gas.
Today, Lykins sells petroleum products to gas stations and businesses in 15 states. But like everything else, times change and updates are needed.”
Read the rest of the article here.
Last week, the PUCO offered 6 tips to help manage small-business utility costs. Check them out below!
- Pay attention to your bills: Reading and understanding your bills can help you detect problems early on. If you receive a bill that seems too low or too high, contact your utility company. It may be a sign of a faulty electric or natural gas meter, and getting the problem fixed can save you from overpaying or paying too little over a long period of time.
- Control the temperature: Lowering your thermostat in the winter and keeping the air conditioning at a reasonable temperature in the summer can result in a significant savings on your heating and cooling bills. Having an efficient heating and cooling system will also ensure you are using your electricity and natural gas most efficiently.
- Know your energy usage: Conducting a simple energy audit can help you find ways to conserve energy and discover places where you may be wasting energy. You can find a company to conduct an energy audit for you, or look for tools online to help you do the audit yourself.
- Understand the charges: When you get a telephone bill, check to make sure you are being charged for the correct number of telephone lines and other services. If you see a charge for a service you did not sign up for, contact the telephone company. It may be a sign of slamming or cramming on your telephone account.
- Look for energy efficient appliances and equipment: Many large and small appliances have models available that are ENERGY STAR approved for energy efficiency. Although they may cost a little more, you will save on energy costs over time. You can also replace incandescent lighting with ENERGY STAR compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs or light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs to increase the efficiency and the life of the lighting for your business.
- Research financial opportunities for energy efficiency investments: There are a variety of state and federal loan and grant programs to give businesses incentives to install energy efficient and renewable energy technologies.
The PUCO offers a variety of information to help small businesses understand their bills and conserve energy. For more information, contact the PUCO at (800) 686-7826 or visit their website here.
Lykins Oil Company will change its name to Lykins Energy Solutions. The new name reflects the company’s growth and the additional products and services it now provides.
Lykins has been in business since 1948. Oil and gas have always been the company’s focus and that will not change. However, Lykins is much more than an oil company today. Lykins supplies the region with a wide array of energy products and services. The company serves customers in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, as well as throughout the Midwest and the Southeast United States and provides key services including: Branded Fuels, Wholesale Fuels, Commercial, Transportation and Home Heating Oil, Propane, Lubricants, Electricity and Natural Gas. The company represents six major brands: BP, Marathon, ExxonMobil, Shell, Gulf and Clark.
“We want to be known for all our energy products and that includes oil, gas, electric, natural gas, propane and lubes. We even have our own Lykins Energy Fleet Card through Voyager now. Through several years of acquisitions and expanding our products and services, Lykins plans to double its size in the next five years,” says Jeff Lykins, Lykins Energy President.
Lykins name isn’t all that’s changing. The company has a new logo that better reflects the company’s long and strong family heritage. “The logo symbolizes three generations building a strong core of leaders within our community. The new logo incorporates three forward-facing triangles representing each generation of the Lykins family. We call this the Tricore,” says Lykins. The company’s three generations include Guy “Bandy” Lykins” who led the company from 1948-1967, Don & Jr Lykins who led the company from 1967-1999, and Jeff Lykins, Ron Lykins and Bob Manning who are currently leading the company.
Lykins adds, “We have a new name and a new logo that truly reflects our journey as a company and the addition of many new energy products and services that we’ve added over the last number of years. Those newer services grew from the rich history and trust that three generation of Lykins family members built and our ongoing commitment to provide the best energy products and services available for the greatest value.”
“We know that energy is how people get to work each day. Energy is heat in the winter, comfort in the summer and it’s the light on the ball field. Energy is what fuels industry, helps our community grow and improves our quality of life,” Lykins adds.
Lykins emphasizes, “Our company has always run toward challenges not away from them. We are authentic in every way. We have our nostalgic past that will remain in our future the way it should be. We are the company that won’t let our customers down; we want them to know they can count on us, no matter what. Whether they’re residential or commercial customers, we want them to know we are still the company that they’ve known and trusted for more than 60 years to exceed their expectations through the generations.”
Lykins Energy Solutions is one of the 100 largest privately held companies in Ohio, and one of the top 10 largest Petroleum Marketing Companies in Ohio. Lykins Companies (Now Lykins Energy Solutions) is one of the oldest and largest Petroleum Marketing Companies in the region and the nation. Currently, Lykins employs 250 people. For more information, visit http://www.lykinsenergy.com