Here are 5 tips to keep your home cool this summer without breaking the bank!
1. Upgrade your windows – If you have older windows, they may be wasting energy. While this does cost extra at first, in the long run it will save you money. Sealing windows can help keep your home energy efficient by not leaking air.
2. Keep your blinds closed – Reducing sunlight throughout your house is an easy and inexpensive way to eliminate the natural heat of the summer.
3. Use fans – This will keep your home cool while keeping your air conditioning cost low and will also maintain your A/C system.
4. Raise your thermostat settings while away – It’s difficult to not keep your house cool while you’re home so try raising your air conditioner’s thermostat while away. This can significantly lower your A/C bills while keeping you cool when you need to be.
5. Switch your light bulbs – Using CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamp) will keep your house cooler while incandescent lights will produce a lot of heat.
View Our Residential Services for ways Lykins Energy Solutions can lower other types of energy bills.