With the cold season quickly approaching, energy and heating costs will be at their highest. Here are a few tips to lower your energy bill because every little bit certainly helps!
- Turn down the heat when boiling water – The kitchen is one of the most energy consuming areas of the home. So next time you make a meal make sure to remember to reduce the heat when your water reaches boiling point and cover your pot with a lid. This will keep the water boiling while saving energy at the same time!
- Clean or replace all filters in your home regularly – Dirty and old filters make your system work harder and longer than it needs to. Cleaning and replacing them will make your system not only work more effectively but also at a lower cost.
- Wash clothes in cold water – If possible, washing clothes in cold water can seriously lower your energy bill, as much as $63 a year.
- Adjust your ceiling fan – Adjust your ceiling fans to run slowly and clockwise during the colder months. It mixes warm air near the ceiling with the other room air. This will make your home warmer without turning up the thermostat.
- Switch out your light bulbs – Using more efficient light bulbs, such as LEDs and CFLs, can reduce your energy use about a third.
- Turn off your lights – Turning off lights when the room is not in use or using natural light whenever possible can dramatically decrease your energy bill spent on lighting.
It’s the simplest things that can make the biggest difference sometimes. Lykins Energy Solutions wants to save you money! These tips are just a few of the way to do so. Reach out to a Lykins Energy Solutions representative at 1-800-875-8820 for information on Lykins can save you big bucks on electricity.